We removed the glue residue, shortened the frames to the correct  length and fitted some of the bulkheads.

Here we used almost all of our clamps to attach the gunwale.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We glued the gunwale made out of small mahogany slats and made two quarter knees to connect the gunwale to the transom. Afterwards we sanded it all, creating  a smooth surface.

We decided to make a half round ornament at the and of the gunwale and rub-rail by visually connecting them. We think it has a more solid and "finished look" this way.

Checking the alining and the fitting of the centreboard case.

We made a mast step but before attaching we will first have to epoxy the inside of the hull.

Esger made this conifer wooden belaying pin on the lathe. 

Using small slats to make a template

Glued them with a hot glue gun.

copy the template to the plywood.

Cutting it out with the jig saw

Making it fit with a fine plane

Final result

Finally she is floatable. We glued in the centreboard case.

We used two temporary planks for the alining.

Today we also glued one seat riser made out of two glued slats.

We glued two slats at the topside of te centreboard case

and also the two floor carlings

Making buoyancy tanks

Made holes in the partitions on either sides of the storage locker so we can use the buoyancy as storage locker as well.

Looking at this it feels we are making progress.

At the backside we made some rings for extra thickness so we can screw in the waterproof  inspection lids. 

Making a template for the front  buoyancy tank.

Working with a hot glue gun makes the work easy to do.

We made a support under the rear floor carlings.

Removed the seat riser to epoxy the rear and impregnated the 3 upper strakes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inserted the front buoyancy partition with storage locker.

Made a template again for the buoyancy tank tops

First one in 

Both tops fitted

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We glued in the battens to support the aft deck.

The decking

We made the deck of Siberian Lark

Glued and sanded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the rear we glued in an extra support for the middle floorboard. (This is not according to François Vivier's plans) 

Midship we also made an extra floorboard support 

Fitting the aft deck

The rear seat supports are in.

Making the centreboard top.

The wood was a bit warped but with some glue and screws it will do.

Hiding the screws with bungs.

The Thwarts

Fitting the front thwart.

Rough shape of the thwart knee.

Looks good!

The rear thwart is in.  We made this one removable in case we want some more space in the cockpit.

We made a mortise in the centreboard case top for the stanchion.

The stanchion in place.

The doubler under the rear thwart.

Made a stop behind the thwart to prevent slipping backwards

And two small teak twisters underneath the thwart

Coating the buoyancy tanks covers

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While Inge was on a short vacation we coated the buoyancy tank covers in her Yoga studio. ( Nice room and warm!)

First layer of Epoxy impregnation  applied

After a long cold spring finally we got some time to apply 3 layers of epoxy

Sanding again with grid 80 sandpaper to prepare it for 3 layers of 2 component clear PU lacker with UV protection hardener.

Taped the inside waterline ( under the floorboards) using a laser level.

Taped all the parts that should remain varnished, Under the floorboards it will be a 'broken white'.

Made a start with the  PU-primer coat.

Primer coat done and sanded with grid 180 sandpaper.

The rear buoyancy tanks / partitions  painted twice with PU-paint in 'broken white'. We think it makes the mahogany even more noticeable!

Filled the rear buoyancy tank with  XPS foam.

The floorboards

Installing the floorboards

The floorboards are made of Russian Lark

Gluing  the ribs under the floor

We already bought a bilge pump so we would know what place the hose would fit the best through our floorboards.  

Pretty scary to drill a hole in the hull. The scupper hole for the bilge pump is now also installed.

Brass Fitting 3\4 " to 25 mm. We had to make a slight cutout in the seat riser for a good fit just underneath the Whiskey strake.

Made a hole fore the cover of bilge pump.

De rear section of the middle floor is finished now and ready to apply D1oil.

All the brass hinges and latches are now in place in the  cockpit floor

Pleased with the solution with our home made lock stop

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The middle floorboards are now impregnated with 4 layers Owatrol D1 Olje.   (applied wet in wet) 

We started making the rear deck

An afternoon work.

We oiled the deck boards